Monday, August 31, 2009

The Coalwood Way

Today I finished reading The Coalwood Way by Homer Hickam. It was a good book and fun to read since I haven't read a lot of books about teenage boys in Virginia. I think my Mom and Dad would enjoy this book also. As for how it pertains to Lost I guess it was seen on a shelf in one of Ben's flashbacks in the Dharma Initiative classroom. There is some physics talk so if I wonder if that is why it was on the book shelf.

I did however think it was very sad that the mother's damn squirrel Chipper was more important than family and christmas but I suppose if I lost Bella right before Christmas it might be ruined for me also.

The reason I think my parents would like this book is that my Mom would identify with the coal mining since her mom's family were coal miners and my Dad would like the part where someone is drinking pop with peanuts in it, gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment