Monday, August 17, 2009

Sitting on my porch

Right now I'm sitting on my front porch on our "new" adirondack chairs that Gary and and Kathy gave us. When you get old you can't sit in adirondack chairs anymore because you can't get up, ha ha.

Today I went to our local used book store called The Bookery. I stick mostly to the classics and the collectible hardcovers. So far for the collectible hardcovers I've found East of Eden and The Last of the Mohicans. I've also found a lot of old paperbacks that are on my list. Just yesterday I found four more books on my List. I found Carrie, The Stand, and The Shining by Stephen King. I've read that Stephen King is a huge fan of Lost and I'm sure that is why so many of his books are referenced on Lost. I also found Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

I love the older man that runs the store. I always talk to him a little bit when I come in. I probably thinks I'm a bit silly because when he sees me with a book and asks me if I like the author I have to tell him I don't know, the book was just on my list.

I'm still reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. I can't even explain why I like it so much, it just has so many interesting aspects to it. Right now I've just gotten past where Katherine was scared and wanted Peter to marry her right away but he can't because she isn't good enouph.

No comments:

Post a Comment