Monday, August 10, 2009

Lost Books I've read

Updated-January 26,2010 I have done a horrible job of blogging about each book I've read, but since Lost is only a week away I thought I would tell you guys all the Lost books I've read since August. If you scroll down you will see my list of Lost books referenced through season 5 and I've marked which ones I've read.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to read every book that has been referenced in Lost. I found one list of books on the ABC website called the Lost Book Club and I also looked on Lostpedia and found books not listed on ABC. I have always enjoyed reading but I have found my love for reading again through my job. I work as a Hospice Aide on the shift and I discovered that the one thing besides caffeine that keeps me awake and alert is a good book. The more books I read the more I discovered that good books are hard to come by and take too long to read. I took me two months to read a book called Firefly Lane but I wanted to finish it but it was torture. It was altogether one of the most lame books I've ever read and just had to end with someone dying of cancer.

So, what better place to look for good books that to read the books referenced in my favorite show Lost!

Here is a list of all the books referenced on Lost:

The Fountain Head by Ayn Rand-Read

The Third Policeman by Flann Obrien

The Turn of the Screw

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking-Read

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle-Read

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol-Read

Are you There God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume-Read

Bonjour Babar! The 6 Unabridged Classics-don't have yet

Carrie by Stephen King

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Dirty Work by Stuart Woods

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling-Read

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad-Read

Island by Aldous Huxley-Started, haven't finished yet.

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton-read

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Memoirs of a Geisha-Read

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck-Read

On the Road by Jack Kerouac-don't have yet

Our Mutual Friend by Charkes Dickens

Slaughter House - Five by Kurt Vonnegut-Read

Stranger In a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein-Started, haven't finished yet

Watership Down by Richard Adams-Started, haven't finished yet

After All These Years by Susan Isaacs-don't have yet

Animal Farm
George Orwell

Bad Twin by Gary Troup-Started

Bluebeard by Charles Perrault-don't have yet

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dosteoevsky

The Chronicals of Narnia by C.S. Lewis-Read

The Coalwood Way by Homer Hickam-Read

Dark Horse by Tami Hoag-don't have yet

The Gunslinger and The Wastelands by Stephen King

Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flanner O'Conner

Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie

High Hand by Gary Phillips

Hotel by Arthur Halley

The Invention of Morel by Adolpho Casares-Read

Laughter in the Dark by Vladimir Nabokov

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

The Moon Pool by A. Merritt

The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne-Read

The Oath by John Lescroart

An Occurance at Owl Creet by Ambrose Bierce-don't have yet

The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer-don't have yet

On Writing by Stephen King-don't have yet

O Pioneers by Willa Cather

The Outsiders by Susan E. Hinton

The Pearl by John Steinbeck-Read

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

A Separate Reality by Carlos Castaneda-don't have yet

The Shape of Things to Come by H.G. Wells

The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles

The Shining by Stephen King

Survivors of the Chancellor by Jules Verne

The Stand by Stephen King-Reading right now

Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol-Read

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee-Read along time ago!

Ulysses by James Joyce-don't have yet

Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler

Valis by Phillip K. Dick-don't have yet

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lori! When/how are these books mentioned? Other than the book group among The Others, I cannot recall a mention of a book -- and I've never seen the titles of the ones Sawyer reads on the beach. Can you give me an example? Now I'm really curious!

    ReplyDelete